Choose from these questions and sentence completions to get young people talking about their faith.
- How would you describe Jesus to a person who’s never heard of him?
- C.S. Lewis once said that Jesus was either God, a liar, or a lunatic. Are these the only ways to describe Jesus? Defend your answer.
- What’s the hardest thing about following Jesus every day?
- Finish this sentence: “If my relationship with God was the basis for a TV show, I’d call it…” Explain.
- Finish this sentence: “The one question people ask about Christianity that I don’t have an answer for is…” Explain.
- Describe a time you felt God was at work in your life. Next, describe a time God felt far away. What made the difference?
Use these Scriptures to enrich your discussions about faith: Matthew 7:21-29; 16:13-20; John 14:6-7; and James 1:23-25.
Adapted from a resource by Mike and Amy Nappa on www.youthministry.com