Choose from these questions and sentence completions to get young people talking about their family.
- What do you like best about your family?
- Finish this sentence: “One thing I wish my parents knew (or understood) about me is…” How can you help your parents discover that one thing this week?
- Why are teenagers typically described as being unable to get along with their families? Is that a fair description? Why or why not?
- Who do you treat better: your family or your friends? Why?
- What’s one dream you have for your family? How can you help make that dream come true?
- How does your faith in Jesus affect your relationship with your family? Be specific.
Use these Scriptures to enrich your discussions about family: Psalm 78:1-8; Ephesians 4:29-32; and Ephesians 6:1-4.
Adapted from a resource by Mike and Amy Nappa on www.youthministry.com