Activities you can use to help your youth to explore and relate to the story of Exodus. “Manna & Water” is part 3 of a series on Exodus.
The Big Idea: God’s Provision & Trusting in Him
Passages you could look at: Exodus 16:1-27, 31, Exodus 17:1-7, Matthew 6:25-34
Get three volunteers up to whine about a set topic for a minute each. (some ideas of topics could be: the taste of marmite/vegemite, school toilets, homework, parents, chores, rules, the price of video games etc.)
Get the audience to vote for the best whiner and award a prize.
After the game, say something like:
Life was hard for the Israelites once they got to the desert, but God never left them and he kept providing for them.
Life can be hard for us sometimes too. But God will always provide us with what we need, no matter what we are going through. We are going to discuss that a bit further in our small groups.
Small Group Questions
1. Brainstorm: ‘What are some of the hard things we can go through in life?’
- Why were the Israelites grumbling in the desert?
- How did God provide for them?
- Do you ever feel like grumbling about the stuff that’s going on in your life?
- In what ways does God provide for in those situations?
- Do you find it easy or hard to trust in God?
- It it easier to trust God in good times or hard times?
- How can you better trust in God’s provision for you?
2. Brainstorm – ‘What are some things that can stop us from trusting God?’